Monday, August 31, 2009

Northern Exposures- Day Two

Ahh...we made it to the Island, and the weather was nothing short of perfect!! It was sunny and 70's the whole time.

We took a carriage tour, which brought us by this beautiful arch. We all got out to photograph, and I found something special "written" in the water. you'll see that in a second.
Introducing Cody, George, and Honda. Our trusty draft horses on one of our tours. We really enjoyed all the history, and the humor of our drivers.

What can I say? Those three people are the most important people in my world! Everyone was in great spirits, even though we were going non-stop! No one complained! See, that is the advantage to waiting for your kids to grow up a bit before you try a vacation. It is worth the wait.

When we peeked through the arch, this message stood out loud and clear. LOVE. Yup. That is what it's all about!

Mmmm....fudge! There is nothing like true Mackinac Island fudge!! This is vanilla pecan, my personal favorite. It must have been everyone else's favorite too, as it was the first to disappear!!
We stayed in a beachfront hotel suite, and we had no idea what kind of view we would have. We walked into our room, opened the curtains, and it looked like our balcony was floating on the lake! We opened the door, and the sound of the waves was so calming and peaceful. We slept with the door open so we could hear the waves all night long. I have never slept so peacefully in my life! It was like a spiritual experience. That is, until the big horns blow on those gigantic boats! That was cool too, though, I have to say.
On Thursday night after being on the Island all day, we walked down to Levi's saloon for dinner, which was wonderful! We heard some live music, so we walked over to Mackinaw Crossings, the shopping center, to see what was going on. I happen to love live music, and it was all I could do to sit still. I just wanted to bust out dancing! After the concert, we bought the CD of the artist performing. I believe he has some Midland roots, as he thanked a local church and newspaper editor on his flyer. He will be in Midland on September 18th, so for some really cool, eclectic (clean) music, go see Brett Mitchell at the new Holiday Inn opening. That is, if you're not going to homecoming that night. Anyway, after the concert ended, we stayed for a laser light show, which was really neat. I found myself in such a happy mood pretty much the whole time we were there. I was relaxed and regenerated, positive, and carefree. Oh, how we all need to feel those things, right?
Stay tuned for Day Three, as the girls got to do some fun and amazing things on our last day!!
Thank you, God, for the ability to go on vacation, to enjoy my family, and to view your creation in complete awe!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...