Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Glowing Tributes to the Kids in My Life

One thing I am passionate about, and the one thing I am certain about is that I absolutely love kids!! Here are just a few of the kids in my life......

Natalie, Serena, Justin (6 and missing his front teeth!) Jarred (13, going on 30) These boys hail from New Baltimore, the sons of my bro Jeff. They are so much fun to talk to, play games with, and get to know. Jarred played us beautiful songs on his keyboard ( including Journey, one of my all time favorite groups), and Justin showed us his amazing Wii skills. On their way home, they stopped here to play in the snow with the girls. It is so great to see our kids make such a great connection. My brother and I were never that close, but it is a blessing that our kids have brought us closer together. That, and Jeff brings the chocolate fountain every year. Hey, what girl can resist constant flowing chocolate? Not me!
Oh my...let's see..bottom row l to r...Alex, Serena, Natalie, middle row..Mariah, Katrina, Jessica, Allison and fiance Josh. Top row... Nicole, Grace, Riley and Chelsea..
(missing...Cass and James) What a great group of intelligent, kind, and talented kids, if I do say so myself. Katrina is studying in France, and has a great blog called "Adventures Abroad", Cassie is a talented writer. Alex is athletic, Nicole plays hockey! They all have special gifts to offer. These kids are doing things I would have never dreamed of at their ages. I can't wait to see who they will become and all the great things they will do with their lives. When Steve and I met, Allison was three....she is now 24 and engaged to be married. She's in her final years of graduate school at U of M and will become a nutritionist. How the years go by. We are proud of all of them.
Old traditions always last! New jammies on Christmas Eve...socks to match. This is the favorite gift to open every year! I get new jammies too, which either match or closely match theirs. What can I say about my own girls? If you're a mom, you know the kind of love you have for your kids. I continue to be amazed by them daily. Their kindness, their wit, their love for one another and for others. I am truly blown away that God gave these two beautiful girls to me. He must love me a lot!!


Natalie holding Reagan (2) and Serena with baby Kendal (3 months). Talk about your beautiful kids! These little ones are my great nieces (mom, Sara), and they add such joy to an already joyous occasion. I was about Natalie's age when I became an aunt for the first time! Sara is a great mom and my sister makes a wonderful "Mimi Mama". I missed seeing my other great niece, Reese, who is also 2, with blonde, naturally curly hair and big blue eyes! Smart as a whip and fun! God has worked blessings into my family that I never thought possible. He has united us in a whole new way and given us many new beginnings.
Merry Christmas? You bet it was. There are no greater gifts than the people God chose carefully to be part of our families. Yes, that includes old weird Uncle Harold who smells of moth balls and old cheese. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...