Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hey Strangers

Just poppin' in to say "hey" to my peeps. Whoever you are! Hey, strangers, I just celebrated my birthday yesterday! See, that's stuff you don't tell people you know because they'd say "oops...I forgot!" Well, some didn't forget, and some of those people got cake!! Too bad for you, person I do not know. It was chocolate with buttercream icing and it said, "Happy Birthday, Mommy". Mommy. That's me! I used to think my favorite birthdays were when I was a kid. Nope. They've been the best since I've had my kids. They make every birthday feel like a monumental celebration! Steve's the mastermind behind it all, and he is an awesome birthday planner. I'm just too dang lucky. It's a crime, really.

My oldest daughter played her first Volleyball game on my birthday. She's really good! Of course, #17 here wasn't so shabby either! Guess the genes are good for more than just beauty. Oh, I am snarkin' on you tonight! She played most of the game and fell asleep in the car on the way to KFC. Oh, yes. We celebrate with chicken around here. We are very fancy people.

School has gotten off to a great start for both girls. Serena came home from her first day and said, "Mom, I love love love Mrs. LeFevre!! She's great! She's funny, she's cool, etc...". Truly, she's right. Those 5th and 6th grade teachers are the best, if you ask me. All we had to do was make it through one bad year, and now we're set. Any apprehensions we had before school started have been resolved. And Who do you think was responsible for that?? It is clear to me now what God is trying to do. And what He is doing needs to be done right where she's at. I've always been a firm, strong believer in having Christian kids in our school system. When I was in school, it was the Christian kids who talked to the kids no one else would talk to. It was the Christian kid who invited people to church. It was the Christian kid who prayed with you when you cut your arm on a glass door. I had forgotten all of that and got wrapped up in my own desires to "protect" my kids. The fact is, my kids are probably there for someone else in the first place, just like those kids from my past were there for me! Ding...went the loud bell in my head as I would pray about this. I will say that this was my answer. Maybe your answer was something else. It's a comfort to know that God's answers are tailored individually for each of us! That just means He is listening and working it all out!

Natalie loves 7th grade. Loves Ms. Pitchford, the principal, and yes, she is fabulous, I must agree! She runs a tight ship and it shows! Pastor Shannon comes to the school at lunch and not only leads prayer, but has his lunch there just so he can interact with those kids. Not just the Christian kids, but ALL of them! Natalie has several of her friends praying with her at the flagpole in front of the school, and she is just ecstatic about it. The teachers are plugged in, interested in the kids, and make learning fun. Natalie still loves band with the cool Mr. Burkhart, and is enjoying her first season of Volleyball.

I guess what I am most happy about is that they have a passion for learning, for practicing what they know about Christ, for trying new things, and for having good attitudes! It makes my job so much easier!

Speaking of my job, I have been busy painting bedrooms! Serena's is first, then I'll move to Natalie's. The kitchen will be next. I have a lot of organizational jobs to start as well. This house will be ship shape in no time.

I'm not in ship shape, however. Although I've been painting, it hasn't been without great difficulty. My body is just not working well. I have some preliminary information about my MRI result, but will share that with you as I learn more details. I've decided that no matter what happens, I will do what I want to do. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength! (Phil. 4:13)

So, strangers, nosy rosies, busybodies, or for my caring friends, I will talk to you later!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Bovee said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! Glad you didn't stay away from your blog too long! I know I'm only one person, but I truly enjoy reading your blog :) Also glad to hear that the girls are liking school so much this year as well!! Hope that they continue to have a fantastic year and let their little lights shine!!
Much love,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I am another that reads your blog. You have a wonderful gift of writing and making me laugh. We also wanted our kids in school to be the salt. We kept a close watch and had a lot of kids in our home. We had a strong youth group at the time our kids were growing up. It was a blessing and so are you to me Mrs. Jami. Hope your birthday was fantastic. Love you....Connie
]

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...