Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sweet Temptation

Are you bored with my food posts yet? Well, I don't blame you at all. Since my computer stopped letting me post pictures (mysteriously, I might add), it's just not as much fun to post about food or nature. And the nature around here is fantastic! I take lots of pictures and can post not one. Not happy!!

Yesterday we picked the raspberries and for the first time since planting them, I had enough for a pie!! I added a cup of blackberries (also a good crop this year)too. I made homemade crust (is there any other?) and sprinkled it with sugar, just like my Gram used to do on her raspberry pie. I even forked the edges just like grandma, instead of my usual "fluted" edge. I wish you could smell my kitchen right now! It's heavenly.

I come from a long line of pie bakers, and an even longer line of pie eaters. For my brother's birthday Monday night, mom baked up 3 different flavors of pie, including my brother's favorite, custard. It's funny how the siblings all have different flavors, and we don't care for each other's at all! So funny, and so effectively smart, I'd say. Tim, my 50 year old brother absolutely can't stand raspberry pie. Oooh...the seeds...so sour...ewwwe...can't stand it!! Mom doesn't like Lori's favorite, which is blueberry. In fact, mom doesn't like blueberries much at all! Dad's favorite is mincemeat, and no one touches it but Dad. See, smart!! Mom also makes Lori's second favorite, Pineapple cream, which is safe from me! Jeff...hmmm...does he even like pie? Oh, he's a strawberry cheesecake fan. That's not safe from any of us.

My favorite? It's a toss up between pumpkin, apple, blueberry, raspberry, cherry, lemon meringue, chocolate cream...um, you can see where I'm going with this!

Sweet temptation. That's the phrase of the day, as I try not to devour more than one small piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...