Friday, September 9, 2011

Talk about your "Longings"

It's Friday night. Steve's making yet another batch of salsa verde while watching the latest football game. The girls are sprawled out in various directions watching Spongebob, much to my disappointment. Marathon football. Marathon Spongebob. Marathon boredom.

And what am I doing? I've been waiting for this night for 7 whole days. I long for Friday nights when the school week is done and I have the weekend in close view. I have all these visions of the perfect Friday night, and none of them involve sitting at my computer blogging. And none of them involve watching sports or spongebob on tv. Believe me.

So while I'm talking about longings, my own have been coming into sharper view. I'm really tired of the same ole same ole that I live each and every day. Though I appreciate my life, I do ask that question, "is this it?" I'm getting older by the minute. Shouldn't I be having some fun? Whoopin' it up? Wearing cute jeans?

Is God using this longing of a more exciting life to draw me to Him? Probably. He's saying, "There's not much in this world that tops Me, my dear. Not football, not Spongebob, not a night out on the town, not a new pair of jeans. Just me."

So while I long for more fun on my Friday nights, God wants me to long for Him. God wins again.

I do long for Him. I long for Him to speak to me in a voice I can hear. To put my heart at ease when I'm having a restless night. To give me a passion for Him that matches nothing else in this world. And so I blog. And I long. And I wait for the holes to fill. With nothing but Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...