Monday, March 5, 2012

Looking Forward

It's that time of year....we start thinking about spring and then winter comes back. And here I thought we were going to get away with a snowless, mild winter. I looked forward to looking out over my brownish greenish lawn! I loved wearing a sweatshirt and not my bulky winter coat when filling the bird feeder. I'm a Southie, I think...yeah, a southie. That's the new me.

So while I can't enjoy my spring weather just yet (maybe never, who knows), I decided to keep my mind on the things I am most looking forward to this spring or summer. (if/when it comes)

1. The pool! That gloriously cool water...the sun beating down...the blue sky as I float upon my floatie thing....ahhh..then being cannonballed by crazy kids.

2. Long walks through the "neighborhood". Each night Steve and I will take a long walk with the girls. It feels so good to be active and to just get out and move again.

3. Ice cream stops. My fave...a scoop of black cherry with a squish of vanilla soft serve on top. OR, a chocolate malt...depends on the day.

4. Planting the garden! I can't wait. Last year our garden was so full of good things. We all enjoyed working and picking! and eating...

5. No driving to school every day.

6. Playing tennis with Serena

7. Hearing guitar, piano, and singing in my house....daily

8. A softer, more relaxed mood in me...iced tea by the pool, a good book...smiles all around.

9. Long days of sunshine

10. Lots of time at home, since the gas prices will surely keep us grounded. Oh well, we'll set the camper up in the woods instead!

11. Watching friends' kids play tee ball, softball, and baseball.

12. My flowers in bloom

That's just my short list. With all the negative stuff in the world and around me right now, I am choosing to spend my time looking forward and I hope you do too!

13. Being blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...