Monday, March 26, 2012

Sick Pops

I've taken a bit of a break lately, but not for fun! My dad got very sick just before St.Patrick's day, landing him in the hospital for a week. He had a severe urinary tract infection which led to a fever of 105 and a trip to the hospital via ambulance. His oxygen was very low, which was the first problem, then it progressed to another unknown infection. That infection turned out to be e coli, and it was in his bloodstream. His heart rhythm was affected, causing him breathing difficulties. They gave his heart a shock to try to restore the rhythm, which was effective, but the lungs were still not cooperating. His is now home, but is still having some issues we hope will soon be resolved.

We saw God working throughout the entire time! It's hard to see someone you love go through so much pain and have no relief for them. But it's such a relief to have prayer, and we had much of that in the way of friends and our church family. I praise God for dad's recovery, and for the many people who were praying him through. We felt them all! On one of dad's better days, he told me he knew God had a reason for putting him there, and maybe it was to reach someone on the staff. Dad has a way of making friends wherever he goes, so that would make perfect sense for God to use him in that way.

I'll be back again to hopefully share fun news. I do have some of that too. Well, maybe not fun exactly, but news all the same.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...