Monday, April 2, 2012

Juggler Wannabe or Dropout?

I have always wanted to juggle. I used to try to do it on my own with all sorts of objects, but I just couldn't get the rhythm and all the objects would hit the floor with a clatter....or a bang. Darn pots and pans!

Lately I've been trying to juggle in other ways. It's not that there is a lot going on right now, and I'm glad for that, but it will change, as it always does and I will once again pick up all my "stuff" and juggle. Sometimes successfully, sometimes with a bang.

I was doing well with my weight loss, but not so good with other things I was trying to do. I slacked off on my weight loss and got better at my prayer life. I slacked off my friendships, but found I had a better connection with my family. Hmmmm....I just can't seem to keep all the balls in the air at the same time. I just can't seem to get a good juggle on!

I immersed myself in spring cleaning and Bible study, but ate junk while I did it. It's hard to be successful in any area when you can't seem to keep at least one ball in the air, ya know what I mean? Or is it just me and my ADD-like mind? What was I talking about again????

So...juggling. It seems my juggling is more of an internal kind, and maybe that's why it doesn't succeed. Although I pray and study about many topics, I haven't bothered to ask God to help me focus on one ball at a time. He has brought me many items to handle, that's for sure. Lately he has revealed some things to me that I'm not proud of at all. These are things I want to focus on one at a time, not juggle them and risk dropping the ball!

I truly don't think God is a fan of juggling anyway. Why would he want me to throw 3 important things up in the air and risk missing one? What if that's the one that is most important to Him and I drop it?

Maybe I don't want to be a juggler anymore. I think I'll be settling my busy mind down and listening to the one thing I can do better today. Then I will do the next one thing and do that better. Maybe I don't need to juggle at all. Maybe it will all just work out.....one careful toss at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...