Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It's Mom's Birthday!

Today is a busy day! I am making my mom's birthday cake for a celebration tonight at her house. Of course, I have to run out and get some last minute ingredients...ugh. BUT, I have an exciting gift to present to her, and for that, I am very happy. Mom, if there is any chance you're reading this, stop now or you'll ruin your surprise.

I asked our family a couple of weeks ago, to come up with some memories they have of mom/grandma/aunt... the plan was to combine all the memories and present them to her as a gift. Silly me, I really thought they would do it! My sister replied with 10 good memories, and my brother Jeff came up with a whopping 13! This shocked me, as he started out by saying, "I don't remember anything...can you give me some hints?" Aaargh! :)

BUT, it turns out that those 23 memories, plus a few from me and my girls are just enough. The heck with the rest of you slackers, is what I say. They will just miss out on the blessing. Can I help but be annoyed, perturbed, disappointed? No, I can't. Mom has bent over backwards for all of these who chose not to participate. It is disgusting and I would tell them so, if they didn't already not speak to me anyway. God, I love family. Tee Hee

I am ashamed to say that while I was praying the other day, I did tell God that I didn't understand why he gave me the family I have. (extended family, and I mean a handful of those) Didn't he get my request? Didn't he know that I wanted the Walton's? I needed the Walton's!! And believe me, I get so mad at them that I totally lose any "Walton" I may have inside. You get what you get, apparently. Sigh. Don't get me wrong. I love them. I just don't know how we could be related sometimes. :) Cuz I'm just so perfect, you know....

Anyway, I have lots of nice memories, a cake on the way, a beautiful card, hugs galore, and a wonderful evening planned with my mom. I would have chosen her all over again. Dad can come too. A few would be allowed on my "mountain".....very few.

Happy 70th birthday to my beautiful blessed Mom!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...