Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thankful

Our "30 Days of Thanksgiving" Project is going much better than I first anticipated. We're on day 10, and everyone is caught up. Well, most everyone. Natalie has proved to be quite the procrastinator. On Day 7, she was thankful for "hand sanitizer". That kills me, really. The child hates the thought of getting sick, or anyone around her getting sick. Thinking someone might be sick in the house puts her in quite a dither, to say the least. She will avoid the suspect at all costs. So, yes. Thank God for sanitizer. Sheesh. I'm thankful it comes in really good-smelling scents these days. Who knew "pumpkin cupcake" scented sanitizer could save the world? Or at least Natalie's world...

Serena was thankful for "grammar" yesterday. Who knows what brought that about. She's the world's youngest English teacher, apparently. I just found that so amusing. And cool. I'm a word nerd, and though it's been awhile since I've studied grammar, I still remember her. She was a kind lady who made wonderful pies...

And Steve, he's keeping it real with his list. He was thankful for the dinner I made the other night. Roast Turkey breast with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, squash, and rolls. All homemade. This followed the apple and pumpkin pies I had made a couple days beforehand. He might be thankful for my cooking, but I'm not sure what he'll think of his belt size next week. Or mine. Yikes!

Angel has been thankful too. For toys, treats, fresh water, sisters, and "crust bones" on pizza night. She appreciates everything, that happy little thing.

And what was I thankful for today? My thankful family. Yesterday I wrote "Saturdays", although I spent the entire day with a migraine, and so it wasn't my favorite day after all. But the best part was when my family walked through the door. Maybe I should have erased "saturday", and wrote, "when everyone comes home". Yep. That's what I am thankful for the most.




1 comment:

sirnorm1 said...

Good project.
This is Nov. 12th 2013 and for 2,008 days in a row I have written 5 things I am grateful for. It started off as a 100 day project to see if it could be done and 5.51 years later it has turned out to be a blessing to my life. Every day I take the time and say by writing these words of blessing, "Thank You Lord!"

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...