Friday, February 6, 2009

Golden Buffet

We are so excited! Tonight we are going out to dinner! We received a gift certificate to our favorite Chinese buffet restaurant, Golden Buffet.....mongolian chicken, crab cheese, rice noodles, shrimp....oh my! We have celebrated many report cards and other accomplishments there. It's a nice, laid back atmosphere with great food. The price is right too. We don't care for Pi's, but love Chinese food just about everywhere else, including China Palace.

We were supposed to go on Tuesday night, but the kids didn't get their chores done, so we all stayed home. I was pretty disappointed, but the wait was worth it in the end.

This is such a treat, as we had decided back in November to give up eating out altogether. The girls were not happy with this decision, of course. However, it has been a good lesson about saving money for more important things and we appreciate it much more now.

The girls have eaten with chopsticks since they were very little, and are pretty good at it. I prefer my fork....it is much faster! After a pile of crab legs has gathered and all the butter is running down their arms, it will be time for ice cream. So healthy, I know. Steve and I will skip the butter and the ice cream for sure!

Are you hungry now?? Sorry! Thank you, kind benefactor, for your most generous gift. I won't rat you out because you don't like to take credit. You didn't have to do it, but we appreciate that you did!! Love ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...