Monday, February 23, 2009

Showers of kindness....and hot water!

Hey, remember when I told you about our shower head leaking buckets and Steve had to run up and down the basement stairs to turn the water on and off? Could that be any more of a run-on sentence or what? You don't have to really answer that. I keep forgetting to tell you of this answered prayer, which is truly a shower of blessings.

Well, when we called the Danze company to ask where our part was, they told us it would be there in 7-10 days. That was back on January 19th! When Steve called on the 29th, he was told it was on the way. Another call several days after that revealed that the part had never been shipped in the first place, was on backorder and was still in China. Grrr....
We never did receive the part, which was supposed to be free of charge due to our warranty. We never even received a customer courtesy call. That's D-A-N-Z-E....you might want to note that somewhere.

Well, little Sanford Hardware just happens to carry Danze products, so in our desperation, we decided to just buy it if they had one. Oh, how I love mom and pop shops!
The lady at the counter looked at the part in Steve's hand and said, "Ya know, I think we used to have that part in the window up front as part of a display. Let me see if I can dig it up." She went to the back and brought out this dusty ragged cardboard box, dug through it and finally pulled out the exact part we needed! Did you hear the angel choir? Did you see the beam of light? It was there!!
Not only was the part exactly the one we needed, but she wouldn't even charge for it since it was loose in a dusty old box. Take that, Danze company!

I don't think I ever appreciated our shower more than when the part was finally fixed. I know Steve is so glad to not be running up and down the stairs, cranking the water supply on and off.
See, it's rarely the big things that get me. It's those little annoying day to day things that wear at me, threatening to chew and swallow me up!

There are still a few of those "little things" around here, like that 6 inch piece of baseboard that isn't nailed to the wall. Every time someone comes in the front door, the dog's tail either knocks it down, or someone bumps it and makes it fall. It's so obvious too, that sound when it hits the hardwood. Then everyone's looking to see where the noise came from, and I'm stylishly draping myself over it, saying, "what noise?" Really, why do I have to go through that?? Duct tape and a glue gun, that's all I'm going to say about those kinds of issues around here.

If left to my own devices, things could get really interesting around here. Just ask poor Steve, who sometimes walks into a room, and says, "WHAT did you do???"
What did I do?? I FIXED it, that's what!!
Just another day around the Rogers resort. What can I say......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...