Sunday, November 6, 2011

AWESOME

I use my time in my car to pray, particularly after dropping my girls off at school for the day. One day last week we had an especially beautiful sky. For some reason, I looked up at that sky (yes, while driving) and said, "God, you made the sky, and thank you for that. It gives me hope, that the place where storms threaten is the same place that rainbows appear. That's pretty cool, the way you blend those two together, much like our lives down here. Full of storms, but full of rainbows. That is just so AWESOME!" And then I said out loud to myself, "Wow. That came out of nowhere. I need to blog that!" Yes, I sometimes converse with myself. And you don't? Oh please! :)

I am a chronic skywatcher, and I like to think that God speaks to us in nature more than anywhere else. Yesterday while working outside with my family, I looked up and went completely speechless. Flying just low enough for us to get a close look, was an eagle! I am such a nerd about these things and blurted out, "OOH! It's an eagle. It's so, so, regal!" The girls just laughed at me and said, "regal? really, mom?"
Yes, regal. And so was the young eagle it was training. I was amazed and completely mesmerized by the sight, as I often am in nature. An eagle is a rare sight here, though neighbor Bill talks about seeing them all the time. And each time he sees them he is marveled by the sight. Neighbor Bill is amazed by God too!

And on those cool mornings where the sky is a brilliant pink for just a little while, and the birch trees stand out against it....breathless. The days I see Mama Doe and her kiddos....precious. The wind whistling through the white pines, and the sounds of birds singing at the first sign of dusk. Those are beautiful things, and they are all because of God. His idea. His creation with His hands. AWESOME. Are there any other adequate words to describe that?

Probably not, but I am grateful for the many ways God uses nature to take my breath away. For the times nature comforts me in ways people never could. For making this world with all its ills a very beautiful place to spend our time. For soothing a bad day with a sunset, and for the laughter only chipmunks can produce. For all the grains of sand in the ocean and for the stars in the sky. Grateful and amazed. Entertained by and loved through nature each and every moment of our lives! He did it for me and He did it for you just because he loves us!

Thank you, God for your AWESOME creation. I can only imagine just how beautiful Heaven will be....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...