Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Shopanot

I don't do Black Friday. Or Black Saturday, purple Sunday, and Cyber Monday. Nope. I pay full price happily. Well, of course I like a sale, and when I can get one, it's great! However, I won't go out of my way for a bargain. I either wait for it or I don't get it. Simple simple.

I've learned in my 42 years that certain things just aren't that important, like having this or having that. Lately we've just been more focused on the status of our families, all of our health, and what we can do together with the time that we have. I guess Best Buy just doesn't figure into that, nor does x-box or any other "thing". I'm not against having or getting things, but it's the way people go about it that bugs me.

I don't do crowds, either, as you may have guessed. I tend to have bouts of anxiety brought on by my heart rate, so I try to keep it down! I try to find peace and keep peace wherever I can. I can't always be successful, but I've found that by avoiding certain situations, i am just much nicer to be around.

So, it somewhat disappoints my friends when they learn that while I don't mind a little shopping, I am NOT a shopaholic. I don't like long lines, crowds, too much noise, endless loud store music, crabby people, bad drivers, and sore feet. I also don't like an empty pocketbook! I don't even enjoy grocery shopping! It's tedious, it's annoying, it's a necessity. Not fun. Aren't I just a joy?

So, this anti-shopping girl is now facing the holiday season, in which I must shop. What? Do I like to shop online? Not with my dial-up, that's for sure. And so I must put on my armor, my ear plugs, my blinders, and my smile, and go out "there".

And my biggest wish of all? That Christmas could be just what Christmas is and nothing else. The birth of our Savior. And did He get an x-box for his birth? Did the angels worry about what time the sales started? Did people tase each other to get a glimpse of Him in the manger? Did the shepherds go into debt just to get their sheep the latest and greatest nose hair trimmer? No! They focused on Him, that babe in the manger, and that's where I would rather be!

Happy Shopping anyway....and Merry Christmas a bit early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...