Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Blessed by Ordinary Days

Today feels like fall! It's crisp outside, the leaves are brown, and I am dreaming of chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Although I've never actually eaten a chestnut, it sounds pretty darn good right now. I would settle for an open fire!

I think it's time to rearrange the furniture, make the living room a bit more warm and cozy, and ready it for movie nights around here.

It's no wonder I begin to put my weight back on this time of year. Food is such a glorious comfort on these cold days! I am known to pop up a bowl of popcorn, throw in some hull-less caramel corn, salt it up good, and cue up a good Hallmark movie. Ahhh..Sunday afternoons....

But today, hubby gets back home from yet another trip, and I really need to get the house picked up. Not that he cares. He isn't one of  "those" men, thankfully. But I like him to come home to a neat, picked up, happy home, with something bubbling in the oven. I guess I am one of "those" wives, and it works for me!!

Have a nice day out there, whoever is listening anymore, and be blessed by your day, whatever it holds. Even if it's laundry...or business travel...or a sick kid on the couch. Find something to be blessed by. It won't take you long, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...