Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Back to Nature

I took a nice long nature walk with my sweet Angel girl today. Nature never fails to recharge and reset my soul. As always, I first visit the garden and the sunflower patch. Who can be anything but happy with all those sunflowers nodding those happy faces down on you? And just look at that blue sky!

 And truly, I have the best companion in Angel. She is so much fun to take exploring. At the first sound of the chipmunk chirp, I just know my arm is going to go flying at the end of the leash. She's just the sweetest dog. I spent a little time cutting some sticky burrs out of her, but we had a good time.
 Angel discovered this fun little tunnel in the orchard. It's one of my favorite places to walk. I have to duck through it, but it feels like a little secret garden as you walk through. I feel blessed to live on this property. Sometimes I forget that peace is just a few steps out my door.
 And here stands the "miracle tree", the one I've posted about before. This apple tree has been standing here for years, maybe a hundred years, who knows? All I know is that the trunk of this tree has been rotted out for as long as we've had the property and yet it continues to grow and blossom each spring. Last year it had many apples.
 I have attempted to blur the tree and highlight the sole apple on the tree so you can see it. You may have to look hard at the mid-right side of the photo, but it's there. The one apple that came from a tree with a rotted trunk. And I lose hope? What's wrong with me?
I took a lot more pictures, but I will share them with you tomorrow. I have more lessons from nature to share with you, but I wouldn't want to overwhelm you today. I sure wish I lived near the mountains. Now that is a metaphor for life! But I live in the woods, where some parts are sunny and some are shady and stagnant. Some are full of life and greenery and some are dark and full of fungus. Lots of metaphors there too, I suppose. Today I choose green. And It would serve me well to stay there.

God has allowed me to live here in these 39 acres for a reason. He has chosen to remove people for a reason. He has been bending down to hear me for a long time. He knows my struggles. He will provide for the breaks in my heart. This is certain. As certain as the sun that make the morning glories bloom every morning and those happy sunflowers that smile at me every day. Nature is so much kinder than people. :)

Maybe it's why it brings me so much peace....and no turmoil whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...