Friday, July 17, 2015

Photogenic: Day 29

This piano was purchased with the idea that I would take piano lessons. That was in 1997. I became pregnant that same year, and it became all about the kids after that! 
Natalie took her first lesson at age 4, and is now more self-taught, and enjoys playing when she feels like it. It's no longer a "chore" to practice. 
We placed the dish by the piano to encourage the girls to play for us, and one day Natalie and Brandon played a duet that Natalie taught him within minutes! So we walked in and placed the money in the dish as they played. They loved it! 
They were so proud of their song, and honestly, what is better than a home filled with happy, music-making teenagers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...