Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Too long?

Here's my little postscript before I leave....

"I really like her blog, but it's soooo long!" I've heard this about a certain someone's blog (not mine, of course), and I was surprised. I actually love this same person's blog because it's sooooo long and so full of experiences and feelings. And to think, people actually type out whole words instead of "txt" words, and we have to take all that time to read the whole thing!!

In the days of "get it now" and "have it your way", I think it's sad that we've become people who want the cliff notes version of everything, even conversations!!

Have you ever had someone write you a long letter and you just read it over and over because you didn't want it to end? I sure have. I miss those letters! They've been replaced by quick emails and shorter phone calls because everyone is so "busy".

Texting! An even shorter way to "not really talk" to someone. Or, call waiting because we think we have to cater to every single phone call at the same time! Not me, mister.

I will read long things, listen to long conversations, and NOT operate my call waiting. That's right. I don't use it!!! Sue me!

While some technology, such as email, is my friend, I can still write a letter. A good long one that someone can keep and hold in their hands for a long time. What's so "snail" about mail anyway?

Remember, good things come to those who wait!!

ok, now I'm gone......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jami,

I love your blog and I feel like I get to know the 'real' you when you write because you are so open with everything!

Love ya!
Jenn

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...