Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chips, Salsa, Jelly Butts, and Kids.....

Ah...the girls are at a pool party and I am home alone....well, not really. Steve decided to come home early and is watching the Tiger game in the kitchen. I really should be doing laundry or something else, but I'm enjoying some "kid-free" time. Like I was explaining to my friend, Emi, it's not that I am complaining about my kids or even that they're driving me crazy. It's just that I miss my solitude. Just peace, quiet, good thinking time all by myself. So, I am enjoying the bit of quiet that I have and here I am talking to you! Guess I'm having a hard time being quiet after all.

Serena had fun at tennis this morning, and she enjoyed my "sermon" on the way. Whenever I get one alone, I try to talk about certain things and get them to talk to me. So all the way to tennis, we talked about being ourselves and not worrying whether people accept that or not. We're just going to be who we are and be happy in our own skin. Sounds like a plan. On the way home, we joked about me being a chips and salsa addict, and how she wants me to seek therapy. We then role played what a "Chips and Salsa Overeaters Anonymous" Support group would be like and what our motto would be--"Dunk, Dunk, and Crunch". I love to play like that with Serena. It brings out all of her silliness and creativity and I love to hear her belly laugh!!

PT is going well, and another patient and I jokingly decided to start our own support group. It will be those of us with a lack of core strength and jelly butts. So, no abs, no butts, and weak legs need only apply!! I told her I was sure we could fill a gymnasium! Could be a connection there with my chips and salsa problem, I don't know...

Have a happy, silly day, no matter your circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...