Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Today I feel Silly

Today I feel silly...

For thinking my pain is so important...

after talking to someone whose friend's husband was just diagnosed with a brain tumor..and his wife is recovering from breast cancer.....and they have 4 kids...

And I thought my hip was a problem.

Today I feel silly...

For forgetting that this world and this life is temporary and I shouldn't get too attached.

Because things that I love are just things and won't go to heaven with me.

People can. Or maybe they won't and it's my duty to give them directions.

Boy do I feel silly...

FOr thinking my migraines can ruin my life.

When I witnessed a family not only losing their home, but a young son.

Migraines are nothing.

I feel silly.

For thinking too much of what I want

Instead of knowing what I should give.

I feel silly.

For complaining of pain when I should be

Praying about it.

I feel silly

For finding out my friend's son has a brain tumor by reading a flyer on the wall.

When I would have known had I kept in touch with her.

I feel silly

For moaning about lost time, disappointments, and pain.

When I wouldn't trade all my bad stuff for one minute just to keep this imperfect life I have.

I feel grateful.

That God allows me to feel anything at all, and knowing He is the One bringing my wrongs to my attention.

I feel silly

For knowing I should know better.

And now...

So do you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too feel silly. I have so much to be thankful for when so many have lost a loved one or is suffering with pain. We have lost a total of (5) in 2 months. 4 of whom we know for certain, We'll see again some day. Thanks for the reminder. Pam

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...