Monday, July 19, 2010

Fun Weekend

On Friday, I was feeling unusual. I actually got up and felt like doing something physical! No hip ache. No headache. No sinus pressure. Like I said, for me..unusual! So I headed outside to do some much needed weeding, which led to shrub clipping, which led to tree limb lopping. Okay, so after all that, I was feeling a bit tired, but the best feeling I had was a feeling of capability and purpose! Finally my body allowed me to do something I wanted to do and I enjoyed every minute. I knew when to quit, so I quit early, knowing we had a wonderful day trip to Tawas on Saturday.

We invited mom and dad along, and mom insisted on making us a picnic lunch. I say lunch loosely, because it was a gourmet spread, as usual. We drove out to the "point", where the water looks tropical and beautiful. We had a nice lunch there and then spent awhile swimming and enjoying the beach.

After that, we headed into town and had dessert, mom's cherry and blueberry pies, at one of the city parks. Of course, we enjoyed the beach and the water there, and remembered to write our names in the sand. One thing we accomplished while in Tawas was getting the girls' dresses for Allison's wedding in August. They are very cute sundresses and they didn't cost an arm and a leg!

We arrived home late Saturday, and were sitting around relaxing when we got a call from a friend, inviting us to dinner on Sunday. So, I hurried and whipped up a cake and we headed over to our friend's house on Sunday afternoon. It was a nice time of visiting, swimming, and just hanging out. I have to say that impulsive, impromptu gatherings are my favorite!! Nattie had youth, Serena stayed the night with our friends, and we had a nice quiet evening at home.

Ahhhh....another nice weekend with family and friends.

I wish i could share pictures, but for some reason, it's not working right. I haven't made it a priority to figure it out yet. Oh, there goes my lovely computer....just erased an entire paragraph again!! UGH!!!

Anyway, my outlook has improved since my physical condition improved, and I'm finally sleeping normally. I had to stop thinking of myself as a victim and start focusing on doing what I needed to do to get better. I know it's easier said than done. So next time I feel low again, at least I know what to do to get back on track. I hope I get it faster next time! I always take the long way for some reason.

There is a cute song on the radio station that my girls and I like to listen to (101.7)...I don't know the exact words, but one day I was blasting it in my bathroom as I got ready and the jist of it was that no matter what is going on, there is always "love coming through your headphones..." Basically, you have good days and bad, and neither of them seem to last, but you always have God's love...listen to it. It's always amazing to me how songs speak directly to my heart just when I need it most.

Happy week, friends. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...