Thursday, May 5, 2011

Weight Just A Minute

I just finished making Sophie's breakfast of fresh peas and carrots, boiled egg and a bit of Rachael Ray's Nutrish. I got to thinking, wouldn't it be great if someone prepared my meals for me all day? I would certainly get something healthier than I am getting now. I may not be reaching for popcorn at 9:30, hershey bars at 2:00, and the ever-present chips and salsa at Dr. Phil time. I lost my self-control and I obviously didn't care!

This winter full of ice, snow, dropping temps, and darkness really took its toll on my weight! I ate my way through snow days, rough roads, a late and snowy spring, and a sick dog. I've eaten my way through stress and situations and celebrations too. I'm an emotional eater for sure!

I figure at least I don't drink and smoke and do drugs, right? I don't use retail therapy, so overeating must be the lesser of all those evils, right? Well, why do we need a crutch at all? It's the question that has one answer. We don't. I've preached about weight loss and believe me, logically I could probably teach anyone how to lose weight and keep it off. As long as they don't watch my example!! Good talker,not so good walker. The jig is clearly up!

So, what am I going to do about miss tighty pants? Well, get ready to laugh "Jenn Deuteronomy", I'm dusting off yet another diet book and I'm going to give it a try. My friend Jenn motivated me the other night when she said she tried the 17 day diet for 8 or 9 days and gave up. Why would that motivate me, you ask? I'm not sure, but I got to thinking that I buy these books, sort of read them, then put them aside. I spent a lot of money on that book and DVD. I can at least try it. Thank you, Jenn!

So, I began by typing up the list of foods I can have for 17 days, which is pretty good, except no good stuff like carbs! Then I typed up a food diary type jobbie where I can fill in the food I ate each meal, saving me the trouble of remembering what I'm supposed to eat. I don't have to count anything, which is good, and I don't have to weigh in!! I don't believe in weighing oneself. That's like sticking a hot needle under your fingernail in my opinion. If you want to know if you are gaining weight, like my mom always said, "it's in the underpants". I'll just leave you with that! :)

So, on Monday, May 9th, I will begin my 17 day diet. Maybe it will take my focus off Sophie a bit and focus it on my own "pooch". Maybe I will enjoy eating healthy and will begin to improve my poo attitude. Maybe I will like dieting. Yeah, right!!

Maybe,just maybe, I'll be a big grouch for 17 days. Who knows, but I'll try to keep you posted on my progress. If anything, you'll get a good laugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...