Friday, June 1, 2012

Attack Dog

I have returned! Well, I never left. Anyway, I've been a bit occupied these days, trying to get yard work done (boring), end of the school stuff done (likewise), and trying to dig out my summer clothes (hysterical..it's freezing today). Anyway, lots of boring stuff going on. What is not boring, however, is our sweet, adorable, psycho dog, Angel. I love her dearly, really I do, it's just this issue of her hating strangers that I can't seem to handle. Yesterday my friend Tracy approached my car as I was sitting there with Angel, waiting for Rena. You would have thought I had a band of wild dogs in my car. The poor girl (Tracy) appeared to have had a mild heart attack as she witnessed little fluffykins trying to rip her head off. I was apologetic, of course, and Tracy assured me she understood, but I am wondering if A will ever get over this! When we took Angel on, we knew it would be a challenge. She had not been properly socialized as a puppy, and we believe some man abused her at some point. She's been in 2 shelters and one home with no real stability for any length of time. Well, as bad as I feel for her and as much as I want to help her get over this, she's making me want to drink! Large amounts! It's so stressful! I know it's not about me, but oh, boy. She's still growling at my parents and worst of all, she growls at Steve. No biting, no aggression, just all fear-based reactions. It's sad, really. She's so stinking cute and cuddly and sweet. Really, she is. It's just that no one will probably ever see it but us. We will be going into hiding sometime soon with our wild and crazy people hating dog. Actually, our vet advised us to keep exposing her to people in hopes that she will soon get over it. She may not. Did I need this stress? No. But Angel needed us, and we needed her. What I got was a bodyguard for life, I think! I'm thinking of starting a new blog that showcases my adventures with Angel so that you don't have to put up with too many dog stories here and hopefully I will link up with some dog owners who can help me out. I'll let you know if that happens and you can choose to follow or not. So, I have a crazy dog and a boring life. And you're sitting there reading about it. Hmmmm....Have a good day anyway, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...