Friday, March 8, 2013

Be Who You Are!

Did I seem grumpy in yesterday's post? Well, I wasn't. Not at all! I think maybe I was a little overwhelmed...I have to make a couple corrections...first, I have been known to use some coupons. Just not tons. I also enjoy at least one workout video....Leslie Sansone's -Walk Away the Pounds. For some reason, I like her. Ironically, I received a home party invitation just today. Oh, did I feel like a heel for what I said yesterday. I'm still not going. This "being real" stuff isn't easy. Maybe that's why so few people actually do it. I really like and respect the ones who do! I can also say the word "no" and mean it. That really rocks some people's boats, apparently. Oh well! :) Just bein' myself.

I'm still annoyed with the oversharing on Facebook. I may be the only person alive who feels this way, but I still don't get it. Oh well. Maybe I'm not meant to get it! I guess I compare it to the blogs I read about housekeeping. The pictures look like they came out of a magazine. Perfect homes. Perfect people. Perfect everything. So if I walked into their actual home, is that what I would see? Or would I see reality? Messes, noise, pet hair, kids, etc... you know, real life?

We deep-thinking, writer, artsy types often don't get that stuff. We're too busy digging deep (ha ha) for things to write or think about! Things that matter (well, to me probably) . I don't think broadcasting my flu symptoms every 5 minutes would benefit anyone. Just sayin'. While I love my blog, I am not so much into self-promotion, which is pretty commonplace on TV these days. It's really not about us. Really!

I think it is sad that we live in such a fast- paced world that we don't want to take the time to really get to know someone. Do you ever feel like if people really knew the real you, they wouldn't like you? How about thinking this instead, if people really knew the real you, they'd like you BETTER. I know I would. You can trust me with your real life messes. I would just be relieved to know I'm not the only imperfect person out here! :)

Have a great weekend, friends...real and otherwise.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I like your perspective - that if people knew me, they'd like me Better! We live in a world full of fear and ruled by the god of perfection and outer appearance. I'm so glad for your blog and your honesty. By the way I don't like house parties either for the same reasons you do and I've been unfriending a lot of people on facebook lately so that I'm only seeing close friends and family. It quickly got out of hand. I'm so glad I got to meet you through Angel's blog. Blessings to you Jami

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...