Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just Being Me

Ok, so I went along with hubby when he suggested the whole facebook thing, since he has family spread out all over. I've been on a few times, checking things out, posted a couple things, the usual. I didn't think I would like it. I was right. I don't! So it got me to thinking about all the other so-called "popular" things out there. 

E-readers, Kindles, etc.... Nope. Give me a paper book any time, any day. Don't care if it's heavy, don't care if it takes up space in my suitcase. I will take a REAL book, thank you very much. Keep your electronic books away from me.

Smart and I-phone type phones.....Great. Now you can never rest. You can get email at all hours of the night. So, when exactly does your work stop? Never, not now. If you can't seem to stay off the computer, this phone won't help discipline you at all. You'll be checking your facebook/email/texts, etc... at all hours. And as hubby found out, his phone has made him more valuable at home.....he has a wi-fi hot spot function. Now the kids can be all obsessed too!  I have caught myself on Pinterest wayyyyyy too long as well.

Zumba and other classes...I may get criticized for this one, but it's just the way I feel. I absolutely can't stand working out with people. Especially people of the opposite sex! I like to work out alone! Other people don't motivate me, they distract me. I can't stand the music in those classes. I can barely stand work out videos! Here's exercise, jami-style. Get moving at home. Park far away and walk. Run up your stairs. Run to your mailbox. Do your housework. Take the dog or kids out for a walk/bike ride. Heck, just play a game of soccer or basketball with your kids or spouse. You will sweat, I promise. And it's way more fun! Push ups at home are FREE too, people. No monthly membership, no fee, no shared germs, ever! :)

Self-checkouts at the store. Please. Has this really saved us time? I spend more time waiting for an attendant, or having an error message, or having my groceries pile up in a messy fashion. No. These just cause me more frustration. I enjoy talking with the checkers. I don't mind waiting. Try them if you dare. I am not a fan.

Coupons. I'm gonna get it over this one. But hear me out. I don't like them because I can't stand paper clutter in my house! I really can't stand it in my purse! I don't want an organization system for them because I already have enough stuff to keep track of. I don't want to pay someone to give me coupons either. I don't want to drive out of my way of where it is convenient for me to shop. I don't want to have to "sign up" for those little money saving tags at every store. Just put it on sale. Please. If not, I will shop elsewhere because my time is precious!

Home parties. Yup, you're gonna hate me after this too. These parties have cost me so much money in the past. Money I did not have to spend but felt obligated so the host could get more free stuff. I have bought things that I don't like, don't need, and frankly could get cheaper somewhere else. I know, your product is the best. I get it! I used to be one of those sellers too! The truth is, those products just don't fit into my budget. I simply can't afford to buy things I don't need just to satisfy someone else or be "social". If I want to be social, I will have you over for a nice free lunch and coffee. No obligations! :) Please don't send me hate mail if you sell stuff. More power to you. I just can't afford you!

I'm sure there are more things that get my goat, but I will spare you for now. I love blogging. Facebook? Not so much. Too impersonal. Too quick to share unnecessary info. Learning too much about our nieces and nephews that maybe we don't really want to know. Seeing pics of things that I ordinarily would not try to see! High school memories better off buried. And time, better spent doing the things that I love. Reading a book. Running with the dog. Playing with my kids. Writing at my computer. Just being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...