Monday, June 16, 2014

Oh Well

After being sick with a "bug" ( I guess) since June 6th, I finally had a good day on Father's Day. I still took it a little easy, but I didn't have to sleep or sit in a chair all day. I was able to help with the preparations for the day and even felt like "myself", a someone I haven't known in months. 

Now today I'm a bit down again. It's just how this seems to go.  Yesterday I was sweeping the patio and moving furniture around outside. Today I've barely left the couch. It's just unpredictable. I wish this medication would decide to either make itself comfortable or take an obvious hike. I don't have any more time or patience left for the waste of life this is causing. 

I know I'm a broken record. I think my frustration tank is overflowing and my happy cup is tired of the few drops! I am fighting depression on a daily basis without medication which is like being in the ring with a ticked off moose and a blindfold on. Then there is the anxiety... Oh how fun. Where did all that come from? 

And all kinds a stuff is breaking in the house and the cars and I have two teens and Steve will have to start traveling for business and I still can't drive and I have way too much on my mind and the kids bring me problems I can't fix and and and and and.........there is no period to my sentences....

Ever. 

Exhausted. 

Need normal now. 

It's not coming. 

And so I continue to wait. 

And try not to be frustrated. I've prayed. Reasoned. Counted blessings. Tried to stay positive. And here I remain. 

Some things just are what they are until they aren't anymore and that's all there is to it. 

2 comments:

sirnorm1 said...

Psalm 27:13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Thank God you can still write miss Jami. Blessings.

Angela said...

Thankful for your post today as I lay on the couch this evening after having spent most of the day in bed. I know the unpredictableness of fatigue with no warning. I went to one retreat and did fine. This one, not so good. So you have my sympathy and compassion, as well as my prayers. May God supply all your needs according to the richness of his glory. May he strengthen you body soul and spirit. God is faithful and I believe he will hear your every word spoken and unspoken.

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...