Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Decisions '08

The election is finally over and it's about time. Ya'll know me and my anti-political discussion stance, so you know I am looking forward to hearing folks talking about the weather again. Yes, I care about issues, and I am pretty informed! I will be watching with the rest of you to see what happens to our nation from now on with a new president.
Instead of complaining and moaning about this and that though, we really need to step up and be proactive where we are passionate. We can waste a lot of time and energy feeling frustrated and speaking negatively, and sometimes it feels good to be all fired up. However, if you don't do anything past that, it really becomes just a bunch of hot air! I'm sorry, but I can't stand that. I wish I could tell you why, but that's another story for another day. Maybe.
If I'm angry about abortion issues, it does no good to complain unless I'm pairing it with support of pro-life organizations. Yes, I'm pro-life, but that's all you're getting out of me today!
Whether we like who is in command now or not, we have to come together as a nation and be what America stands for. We are united. No matter what, no matter who, we are united.
My mom used to tell my brother, who was a total rebel, that it didn't matter if he liked his teacher or not, she held the grade book and that was that. I often think of her saying that. She was encouraging us to respect authority, whether we think they're right or wrong. Life isn't fair. Good lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...