Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful for Everything...

As we go around the dinner table during the blessing, Serena always says the same thing..."Thank you Jesus for this food, and everything else!" We ask her, "everything? really? even spiders?" She insists that she is just thankful for everything, so we leave it at that.
I am not thankful for spiders or anything creepy, that's for sure!
In a way, I get what she means about this "everything" concept. I'm thankful for "everything" too, because I would have nothing and be nothing without God. Since He provides me with my "everything", then I guess I am thankful for all of it, good and bad. He has made the good good and the bad good too. Oh, that could be a really cool rap lyric, don't you think? The good good,the bad good,dooby dooby doo....word to your mama or whatever.

I am thankful for so many things, but basically I am just grateful to wake up breathing and to find that those I love have done the same. I am grateful that when my feet hit the floor, they know how to walk! I have a warm home, a vehicle, gas in the tank, food in the cupboards, family and friends I love dearly, a fuzzy dog who thinks I am royalty, and the gift of a fairly normal life. I have a husband who provides for our family, takes care of us when we're sick, works hard, loves the Lord, and loves us unconditionally. Oh, yeah. I'm especially thankful for him.

I also know that if any of those situations were to change, I would still be grateful, and I'm thankful for that hope and promise that God has placed in me.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving...may all your waistbands stretch to capacity and may all your post-dinner snoring be blessed. I hope your football team wins, and there is a pie with your name on it. May your in-laws hug you and eat your salad. Long story.....

1 comment:

Jennifer Bovee said...

Im thankful for all those things too, but Im also thankful for YOU! For your friendship and your humor...you can always bring a smile to my face!!

Love you! Have a great Turkey Day!

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...