Monday, November 3, 2008

Giving 101

In chapter 6 of Matthew, Jesus tells us how to give to the needy....

"Be careful not to do your acts of righteousness before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your father in Heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you they truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

Amen to that. I enjoy giving, but I feel even more blessed when I do it anonymously!! Give and give again, but don't take the credit. Really, all that we give belonged to God first anyway. We're just giving through Him what was already His to begin with, right??

Enjoy this season of giving, but do it all year long too. It really does come back to you, only I can't tell you why I know that or I'd be giving up my secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...