Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Breck Girl Moment

Wow. What a difference a few curls in your hair can make! I haven't had my mane cut in awhile (part of my money-saving strategy), so today I went in for a good trim. Nikki decided again to give me a curly "do". Then she said, "there you go, hot tamale! Call your husband and have him take you to lunch!" Well, we missed the lunch, but we did make it for dinner instead. I had a meeting up at school for "Count Me In" which interfered with Wed. Night class, so I met Steve uptown at one of our favorite spots, Pizza Man's. He took one look at me and it was va va va voom. Well, not really. He actually wasn't feeling well and has been fighting a cold all week. Through his glassy tired eyes, though, I think I caught a twinkle! :)

Anyway, I went up to pick the girls up from church and ran into a friend of ours who said, "hey, I really like your hair....it makes you look really young!" Oh, Fred. You are on my Christmas list for sure! Then as I was leaving, dear Allison caught me and said, "I love your hair! It makes you look about 10 years younger!" Whoa....was that a conspiracy or what? Okay, all flattery aside, now I'm thinking, just how old did I look before?? Hmmm....

Anyway, we're headed back to the salon tomorrow for the girls' haircuts and I will ask my stylist personally if she is curling my hair because I am looking old these days! :) She's so stinking sweet she'll just smile and say "no way..you're a hottie!" I must tip well, eh??

Okay, enough hair talk.....here's a cool idea for that Christmas party you're planning.....

At Steve's work, they are doing this really cool gift exchange game. Maybe you've heard of it. I hadn't and thought it sounded really fun. You draw names with your co-workers, Sunday school class, family, group of friends, Bible study group, etc.... You pick a toy for the person whose name you drew, but not just any toy. It has to be a toy that you think that person would have liked as a child. Then you open the gifts at the party, tell the person why you thought of that toy, then all the toys are donated to charity!! Isn't that cool?? I so want to do that! It really puts the meaning back into giving for me.

Thanksgiving is coming and I am thankful. For what? Oh, everything! Good, bad, and in between. It's all good. I hope you are just as thankful for your life and all that it holds. A grateful heart is a happy heart!!

Be blessed, and hey, go curly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...