Monday, November 23, 2009

Fruit Salad Life

It's been a little bananas for us lately, as all Novembers seem to be crazy busy! Rewinding for a moment, last week we went down to visit Steve's Grandma, who is temporarily living down the road with Steve's parents. She's 90, and pretty sharp, just needs hot meals and lots of company. She loves dominoes, so we went down to play a few games with her. She won, of course! We've been told her eyesight isn't very good, but the way she played dominoes, I would beg to differ! The girls really enjoy playing with Grandma Bailey, but she frequently beats them in every game! She's a good apple, that Grandma!

During the week, we had decided that we would put up our outdoor Christmas decorations, since we missed it last year due to the very early snow. I turned on the Christmas tunes and sang in the front yard as I untangled string after string of lights, and stopped only to play a little basketball with Natalie. Natalie and I did a pretty good impersonation of Elvis, while singing "Blue Christmas". We do a pretty mean air guitar as well. Of course, Steve occasionally jumps into our basketball games, and that's where I take a time out. He's brutal, but Natalie can keep up with him! Way to go, girl! Serena just cracks us up with her basketball antics. We spend so much time laughing....I am so very blessed to have them in my life. I should have posted the pictures of the three of them playing. They are a bunch of fruit loops!

We also enjoyed a couple dinners out over the weekend....Steve handed us out some ballots and we all had to vote on where we wanted to eat. The girls and I won, and off to Fazoli's we went! It's just a great place to go with family.

Fast forward to today....Serena's 4th grade class had their Thanksgiving program and feast today. The parents all brought food...so much food! The kids sang and just did a great job! I made a giant roaster full of mashed potatoes, and worried that I'd bring most of them home (it happened before!), but I brought home a very empty roaster! Yay!

I spent the rest of what was left of my day baking for the bake sale. I also have shopping and cooking to do for Thanksgiving, then a birthday cake and party to plan for Steve on Saturday. I think every week and weekend is booked from now until January. All good stuff, mind you, but a bit busy for my taste.

So, while life is a bit busy, the things we do are producing quite a nice fruit salad to share with anyone who comes our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...