Sunday, November 15, 2009

Just Call Me Grace

I've been a bit busy since my last post! On Thursday I had a ton of housework to do, then some running I had to do at night for several upcoming things....birthdays, science project, etc...

We couldn't find my mom's birthday gift where she said she saw it, so we ended up going home without it, planning another trip in the morning. I had big plans to take Mom over to Loafer's Glory for lunch, so I had a lot to pack in that day. We also planned on going over that evening to share her b-day with her.

Well....so much for plans! Shortly after 10pm Thursday night, I started feeling sickish, starting with yes, a migraine. Ugh. So, with no sleep that night, it was safe to say I was in for it. I had a bad headache for much of the day Friday, and although I was fatigued, I couldn't sleep. Here's the kicker.....don't laugh now.....

I heard the girls' fans running upstairs, and I was annoyed that they left them on. I dragged myself upstairs to shut them off, saw their overflowing laundry baskets in their rooms, and thought, hey, I will probably feel like doing that later, I'll take them down now. Did I mention how woozy I'd been feeling before this?? I took one step down with the laundry basket and next thing I knew, I was skidding down the stairs with my left leg bent completely under me. I banged up both arms pretty good too! At first, my foot was burning and I thought for sure I broke it. I stopped panicking and tried to stand on it. Good news. Nothing broken but my dignity! I picked up the basket and the clothes that flew down the steps, limped on down the rest of the staircase, and muttered the only word to describe myself at that moment. Idiot! The bad thing was, I still had my migraine, and now I had a sore body to match, and a mountain of laundry too!

I was a bit sore on Saturday and my arm didn't want to bend right, but as the day went on, I began to feel normal again. Good thing. The headache was gone, but I was feeling really tired. We had a pretty busy Saturday with the girls' activities and another visit from Patty and Regan! We ran some more for the science project and the shoebox toys Saturday night.....it's no wonder I am tired today!

So, we just got back from celebrating mom's late birthday. She wanted to watch a movie with us, so we watched "UP". She made us dinner and we shared a yummy cake. Did you catch that? She made her own birthday dinner! Oh, mom....

Mom also came over while I was sick. She walked into my room where Sophie and I were resting, patted my hair, and told me there was chicken soup and vernors on the bar. She kissed my forehead and told me to sleep. For a second, I felt 10 years old again. Isn't it just like a mom? We really are at our best when our kids need us most. I squinted up at her, said, sorry about your birthday mom. Love you. Thank you. Then I shut my eyes and felt like crying. Only I won't cry with a headache. It makes it worse!!

So, happy birthday mom, and thanks for all your love.

Be blessed, my friends, and let nothing stand in your way!

2 comments:

Jennifer Bovee said...

When I read your title the first picture I had in my mind was of ME falling down the stairs (yes, I've done the exact same thing...except I was a MUCH bigger baby about it!) Sorry that another migraine ruined your plans, but it sounds like it all worked out okay. Hope you have a great week...and watch your step ;)

Anonymous said...

Those stinking migraines, they need to go away and leave my friend Jami alone...makes me so mad! You are such a witness for our God, a lovely mother, a great wife, a wonderful daughter, please tell me how I can help. I will be praying for your sore body and those stinking migraines to GO AWAY AND LEAVE JAMI ALONE she has things to do, people to love, girls to raise, laundry to do, and encourage me with her great posts!! Love ya' Connie

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...