Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Scrapapalooza

Well, last Saturday was our Crop day at church, and a whopping 4 of us showed up. Of course, Jenn and I put it together, so actually 2 showed up. Kinda disappointing, not because people weren't there, but because it has been nearly impossible to find anyone who enjoys scrapbooking. It really is an art that is fun to do with someone else who enjoys it. I don't know how much Jenn got done, but I didn't scrapbook at all! I sat there and caught up on my correspondence, messed around with my laptop, and put tab dividers in my sister's new Bible. Then I actually did a layout for Rachel, who is putting a book together for her son for his upcoming graduation. She despises scrapbooking of any kind, but wants him to have a book of his own. So, the three of us took her photos and are working on her layouts at home.

I have to say, I have not had a passion for scrapbooking for about the last 4 or 5 years, although I used to be quite addicted. I'm hoping through working on Rachel's pages that the passion will reignite in me so I can finish the many scrapbooks I started for my girls.

They will be treasures one day! It's not just the book they enjoy, but seeing their mom sitting for hours working on pictures of them, adding journaling and titles, it really makes them feel special! They would walk by while I was working on my pages and just get big smiles on their faces! I always enjoyed showing Steve my finished work. Actually, I did make him a nice scrapbook for Christmas last year. I forgot about that. It is one of his favorite gifts from me, and is at his office so he can see it whenever he just needs to feel better.

So, I guess my hobby needs to become a gift again. To me and to those I treasure most. It is what connects me to my friend Patty, whose continual encouragement makes me want to grab the glue tabs again! It is what connected me to Jenn, as I watched her working on her beautiful, and I mean, beautiful works of art!

Jenn is passionate about sharing her gift with others, and I hope it catches on so she has that opportunity to teach us something really special!!

Now if I could just hook her up with Patty....oh, wouldn't that be a fun day??

1 comment:

Jennifer Bovee said...

Thank you so much for sharing your sunny Saturday with me...even if it was a small group, I still had a lot of fun getting to know you more! I hope that we will be able to spend some more quality time together-scrapbooking or not!

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...