Monday, November 9, 2009

IPS +SOS= GOD

Life is getting busier and busier as the holidays approach, so I may be a bit absent now and then. Of course, many of my fellow bloggers have been AWOL for some time too. It's just cyclical, I guess. (or a better commitment to Facebook...you know who you are!)

November is getting full of activities and obligations, and believe me, I will try to stay positive, but my IPS is screaming. IPS. That's "Internal Positioning System". A whole new abbreviation for the 20 somethings to steal. That means internally, I am spinning around while the outside of me appears somewhat normal. "Calgon, take me away" won't even cut it !

So, after I just deleted the 3 paragraphs that originally followed the above, I will leave you with this.

"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me. For I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28

Jesus said that! God didn't give His Son for me so that I let the troubles of life, people, and situations get the best of me. He will provide all I need to handle it all. What I can't do, He will take from me and carry it on His shoulders. He will then comfort me and make it possible for me to do the work He laid out for me to do, unhindered by this world.

You're wondering what those 3 paragraphs said? It was nothing that would have lifted you up, encouraged you, or helped you in any way. Really, we all know life is challenging, and it's often the little things that really irk us, but the bigger picture is that God knows what we go through and what we need and we need to trust that He will provide the rest, strength, and patience that we need! Venting is something to be careful of.....instead of throwing a fit, use that energy to tell God what's on your mind and why. He will settle you down! He says to me, "Hey, little missy, settle down!!" He speaks my language, and I know He speaks yours too! Just quiet your heart, open your ears, and let it in.

We all have reasons to be upset or disappointed, and we do need to share those with people and share the burdens that we bear. God allows us to help others by sharing what we go through, and it is important to do that. However, sometimes I just feel better by taking a few minutes to think about how God has blessed me. I then take some time and pray about someone who needs God in his or her life, and it takes the focus off me altogether. What I was "snitting" about suddenly pales in comparison and I feel like a spoiled brat! God's spankings are sometimes the best!! :)

I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

You can too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...