Thursday, February 24, 2011

Moodbusters

I've posted my crazy "pick me up" lists before, and I hope I don't repeat them here, but if I do, then they must work really well!

Feeling a bit blue? Sort of like a stormy blue with whitecaps? Sometimes I feel that way! Here are a few of my tried and true "Moodbusters" to begin the cure!

1. Music! I can't say it enough. Music heals! Turn it on, turn it up, play it loud, sing it out! Blow a horn, belt a tune, yodel like a big baffoon!

2. Hello chocolate...a truffle a day keeps the psychiatrist away! Keep a few special chocolates in your purse (not your wallet, guys), your car, your nightstand, the bathroom! Keep some by your coffee or tea pot, and a few in your coat pocket!

3. Play with your kids (or someone's kids)! I have so much fun just blowing up a balloon and playing "Slam Bam Balloon Ball" in our house. Anything goes! Whap it, slap it, stuff it in someone's face, stuff it up your shirt and run around like a weirdo! Just have some fun!

4. Put on your kids' weirdest hat (mine is a Panda with eyes, nose, and 'pigtails') and nerd glasses. Smile pretty and snap a picture. Hang it somewhere where it will cheer you up daily. Make a wallet copy for your lovie, so he or she can remember how much fun you are!

5. Announce to no one what you are about to do. For example: "I am about to enter the kitchen! I am about to open the door! I am going to answer that phone! I am walking past my couch!" Hey, I didn't say it was a good idea. I just said it would make you laugh and it did, right?

6. Dance, dance dance! I prefer to Moonwalk for my dancing pleasure, but you can do the lawnmower, the sprinkler, whatever you're best at! Show 'em all your moves...someone will be laughing, I guarantee it!

I don't think it's any coinkydink that these suggestions are all designed for laughter. It really is the best RX for any poo poo mood. If you're in serious mood trouble, then go outside, wait for it, wait for it.....then sing into the end of your broom...." Satisfaction" by the Stones...I know, I know, but just try it. There's something very liberating about not only singing loudly outside, but there's something about yelling "I can't get no satisfaction" like a madwoman (or madman) that makes you just wanna crack up!! It sure cheers up Neighbor Bill is all I can say.

Be happy! And by the way, I do know "the joy of the Lord is my strength"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...