Monday, June 20, 2011

Sunday and a bit of Monday

As I type, the pool is filling with water! Wow, what a job that was on Sunday. My dad came out to help us unroll the giant spool of steel that eventually became the pool. My job was to help guide it into the track while trying to balance a million pounds on my shoe. It was hard, but I surprised myself with my ability to keep right up with those big tough guys! Dad and Steve did lots of picky little adjustments, but we eventually got to the lining part, and hopefully things will be easier from here on out!

We celebrated Father's Day while working all day. Steve seasoned up a pork loin and put it on the Weber...man was it good! I added some sides and the girls made an appetizer (such good cooks already!). Mom added a yummy spice cake and it turned out to be quite a nice day.

Off the subject, Steve came home with a story for me today. He knows I've been really hurting over losing Sophie, so he hasn't shared his own feelings with me. I feel bad that he hasn't even told his friends at work because they've been so busy and crazy there. I kept praying that he would be able to talk to someone too. I know he's a guy, but guys feel things too! He sure had a far more difficult task than I would have been able to take on, and yet he did it with so much courage.

So, he came home and told me he ran into his old co-worker, Tom. Steve went with Tom 11 years ago to the animal shelter to pick out a dog. I believe Tom was inspired by Steve's decision to get Sophie from there as well. He named his dog Lucky. Anyway, Tom went on to tell Steve that he'd had a rough week, as he had to make the decision to put Lucky to sleep. He added that he thought of Steve as he went through that day, remembering the day he picked Lucky out of the shelter. Steve was then able to share, "yeah, we just went through that too." I could see the softness in is face, just being able to let it out a bit with someone who had just been there. Wow, God, so two guys from Dow just happened to run into each other at the local Walmart? You're good!!

I said, "That is so like God to know just how to speak to us. It's like he is saying, 'i know you're hurting, i care, and you're not alone.'"

Steve replied, "That's exactly what I thought too."

Thank you, God for knowing just what we need and for Your perfect timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...