Friday, January 13, 2012

Woe is Me in Winter these Days

Today proved it. Just when I was getting used to a snow-free winter, we got bombed with a winter storm. My lack of excitement just proves that I've been ready to move south (anywhere south, for that matter!) for a long time.

Steve will come home from work and begin a sentence with, "guess what happened today...", and my eager reply is, "We're transferring to Houston? Georgia?" He laughs....and breaks my heart..."no, at least not today anyway."

And so I will have to put up with this white blanket of doom. This cold slush in my soul. This nightmare on every street.

Now I know what you're going to say..."it's so pretty!" and yes, it is, especially in the woods. But what it says to me is that summer is a really long way off and I have to survive this for another few months. I just don't have it in me!

It will be a private summer in my house, though. I am going to dig out some summer tunes, turn up the heat, put on the bright worklamps and lather on the coconut stuff. I am doing summer anyway!

So, go enjoy your pretty snow and have fun digging yourselves out of the ditch. I am praying for spring....and a warmer state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...