Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Alaska Dreams

Here it is...my cabin in Alaska. Well, it WOULD be if it COULD be anyway!  I have had big dreams of going to Alaska, living in Alaska, all things Alaska for the last several years. Like many, I am fascinated, enchanted, and drawn to this beautiful moose-filled state!

One day I hope to visit....or stay...however the road may lead. I have books on Alaska, watch reality shows about Alaska, and have the whole collection of "Northern Exposure" episodes on DVD. (about Alaska, though filmed in Seattle...) I've looked at real estate, even jobs! I'm also currently looking for blogs about Alaska living too.

I am now watching the RFD channel on Fridays because they have a show called "Alaska Magazine". I watch the descriptions of House Hunters to see if there is an Alaskan episode! Today I watched the Travel channel highlight "Alaskan Adventures". I think I might want to whitewater raft, rip around on a 4 wheeler, and climb a glacier...all in my dreamy Alaska!

When I can't sleep, my mind goes to Alaska...to a little cabin surrounded by snow-capped mountains, clear cold streams, and big scary bears. I'm watching the Iditarod and casting my pole...filling my fireplace, and eating salmon. It's a simple life, a nature-filled life, and a place where God's presence must be at an all time high. Best of all, I'm in my plaid, my flannel, not worrying about anything.....except for maybe being eaten by a bear...or a moose...or worse...probably should learn to shoot a gun while I'm at it.

One day...maybe in my retirement, maybe by some stroke of chance I will get my goal of being in Alaska fulfilled. Until then, I will dream...and dream....and dream....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...