Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Reality Spites

I can't figure out my blog questions half (most) of the time, but TV seems to be offering me all kinds of information these days. So I did a little flip through of my onscreen guide and now I know all about junk. Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Hoarders, and Double Divas (junk in the front). I am not smarter on any of these subjects other than I can now say "YUUUUP" with much more conviction.  I think i am a pretty good mom, but now I know what not to do  after watching Toddlers and Tiaras, America's Supernanny, Dance Moms, Cheer Perfection, any of the Housewives shows, Wife Swap, Honey Boo Boo, and World's Strongest Toddler. Mind you, I didn't actually watch most of these shows. I simply learned all I needed to know from the title alone. There is also some kind of fascination with creatures these days. Gator Boys, Swamp Wars, Swamp People, Finding Bigfoot, Hillbilly Handfishin', Wicked Tuna, are just a few of the most interesting documentaries ever! All I want to know is, Why is tuna wicked? And who would want to stick their hand in that? Why would you want to find a bigfoot if one really existed? How can a 9 foot tall "monster" sleep in the top of a tree during the day and we can't see it? How do you know what a female bigfoot sounds like when it screams if you've never actually heard one? Why are you sticking your hand in that gator's mouth anyway? Nothing better to do?
 
On to bigger and better subjects, like fashion and style! If only I had watched "Say yes to the dress" when shopping for my gown years and years ago. Perhaps I  could have had 17 opinions and caused myself an anxiety attack. That sounds like fun! Instead I simply found one I liked and bought it. How boring! But if I want to know "What not to wear", I just have to trust this couple to tell me everything in my closet stinks and I need to go shopping. Duh!  Project Runway...what do I even say about that? Men wearing floral tank tops with boots and short shorts...only on Bravo. Moonshiners. Now that's a show about something I've actually heard about, though only in history books. I'm not sure why a banned substance would be something you want to advertise?? Amish Mafia. Two words I never thought I'd hear in the same title! Amish:Out of Order. What's next? Amish Divas?  I also "met the "hutterites"" and I'm still wondering what that means. Shipping Wars, Barter Kings, Duck Dynasty, Gold Rush, Ice Road Truckers, Alaska State Troopers, Flying Wild Alaska, My Big Redneck Vacation, Buckwild, Total Blackout, and on and on the so-called "reality shows" go. You can watch all about food, all about big people, little people, taboo people, cat people, dog people, out of control people, singing people, dancing people, designing people, home-buying people.....maybe my biggest question is....

Who Cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...