Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Number 31

As I dropped Serena off at her game today, I told her one thing. I said to her, "Don't you worry about a thing. I got you and your team all prayed up. It's going to be great!" And great it was! It was their third game but their first win! Now, we know it's not all about winning, and when I prayed it wasn't about winning at all. What I saw was great teamwork and lots of effort and hustle! They deserved that win for sure. Serena had many opportunities to shoot and she scored! She told us she tries not to smile as she runs back down the court, but that girl just can't help herself. She is finally learning to use her height to her advantage, and she is getting more and more aggressive (in a good way). We're glad she enjoys basketball because we really enjoy cheering for her every chance we get!

That's our girl, waiting for the tip-off. Gee, wonder why she gets chosen for this?? :) You would think our nickname for her would be "Kareem", but actually I call her "Ali" as in Muhammed Ali, since she "floats like a butterfly, and stings like a bee"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...