Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"Best": Clarified

Although I stand by what I said in my "friends and favorites" post yesterday, I actually do have a couple of “best” friends, now that I think about it. The first one is Jesus Christ. The second is my husband, who God provided to be my partner in life. So, maybe I was a bit hasty in saying I don’t have “favorites”. Let me explain.

Jesus is my best friend because He laid down his life for me when I was still a sinner. He provided me a Comforter to help me at all times. He listens better than any person I know. He knows me better than anyone else possibly could. He blesses me, disciplines me, and most of all….best of all…He loves me more than anyone ever could.

Steve is my best friend because he has been there for me in every way for as long as I have known him. Not one day has he faltered in his love for me. He has defended me, blessed me in countless ways, and has my back at all times. Best of all…most of all…He loves me in the way that God has commanded him to.

If I had to pick female “besties”, believe it or not, it’s my two daughters. They know my faults, have seen my ugly side at times, and have taught me more than any child I will ever meet. They honor me in the best way they know how. Best of all…most of all….they just love me the way I am.

I hope that as you read this, you are reflecting on the love God has for you. His individual provisions of love just for you. Maybe they don’t come in the package of a husband and kids. I know people who feel they are in a loveless marriage, or whose kids have gone astray and aren‘t very loving. I know people who are widowed, or still seeking someone special. Does that mean they are without love? Never. Not when they worship the One who loved them first. Will love them second, will love them third. Will love them forever and ever. For the simple fact that He created you just so He could love you. Simple. Whether people pick you as a “favorite” doesn’t matter. God will always pick you. You are His unique and special creation and He knows your name!

God as a best friend? You betcha. No one else wants the job of loving you here on earth?  Let Him love you. And love yourself. There you go. Two best friends. Still feeling alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...