Thursday, February 14, 2013

Stinkin' Turkeys

Imagine my chagrin when I peeked out the laundry room window and saw 34 turkeys in the yard. Yes, I was quite chagrinned (sp?) since they were tromping and pooing all through Angel's dog area. We didn't snowblow those trails for turkeys! Angel, though sweet, cute, well-mannered and perfect (tee hee), sometimes gets the urge to "wear" another animal's "scent" on her back. Turkeys are the worst. Especially in summer....

Anyway, I cautiously took Angel outside and she simply sniffed around and ignored all the droppings! My girl is growin' up! No rollin' in turkey poo for her...no way!  I did happen to notice we were visited by rabbits as well, and I think she may have sampled the rabbit "fare" just a tad. I think she learned her lesson. Let's hope so.

Even so, it's still pretty cool to live in the woods and check out the wildlife while washing undies. Don't ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...