Friday, February 8, 2013

Life Out Here

It snowed. A lot. Everyone's talking about it. Except for me. Yes, it snowed. It's February. Isn't that what it's supposed to do? I don't know, maybe it's me, but I expect it to snow in the winter. In Michigan. In February. Maybe I'm just a cynic and the rest of you are with it. Either way. It snowed. A lot. And I don't care. Dog loves it and I love that she loves it so much. Keeps me smiling.

Serena's ankle is better after minor sprain, and she MAY be able to play in Monday's game. She's starting PT on Monday morning, so we'll see what he/she has to say first. She hasn't complained about her knee at all, and so far her shoulder is holding up okay too. A few tests revealed she has bursitis in one shoulder....ugh. Another "itis" in the family. Anyway, she's doing better. Could be worse..don't think I haven't thought of that.

I found a couple of heat packs in Nat's bed this morning and knew before I asked the reason why. Her back has been causing her more and more pain. Although we tease her about being a "big baby", she actually doesn't complain too much about her back at all. As surgery day gets closer, we're all getting our minds set on what is to come. After dislocating her shoulder a couple of times, she's now pretty cautious about her activities. Her old coach, who is now the varsity basketball coach has said he wants her back on the "team". Meaning, she can come and hang with them anytime she wants. God is good. And me? Still small. The way it should be....

Steve has had some medical wake up calls (again), and I had to have a heart to heart, knee to knee, eye to eye conversation. In short, I need him. The girls need him. The Detroit Lions need him. Get it together.  Life gets a little scarier when I realize we are in our 40's now. Shorter too. Life, that is.

Speaking of getting it together, I have been organizing nearly everything in the kitchen. I have started actually reading my "flylady" emails and have started following a couple of organizing blogs. My cabinets and drawers are looking pretty fabulous, but now I have a bunch of other stuff to find homes for.  Which means piles...piles...piles..sigh. Do I want to have another garage sale? Not so much.

Next week is full of games, Valentine's Day, and Nat's 15th birthday! I will be busy coming up with her theme, a cake, and of course, what to get her. Anything music is pretty safe. She wants a drum set. Isn't she hilarious?? :) Actually, I wish we could get her one! Doesn't that just prove how crazy I really am?? Like with the snow, I don't care. :)

So that's about it for life out here. For fun pics of my dog, check out her blog over there to the right and up a bit.....and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...