Saturday, February 2, 2013

StuporBowl Ready

It's Superbowl time again...or shall I call it what it is to me...."Stuporbowl". Watching football for hours...teams I don't even follow....commercials that aren't that funny...sitting in a chair eating carbs....it all puts me in a stupor. Hence, "stuporbowl". Everyone should use the word "hence" at least once a year, I think.

Since we don't do anything special for Stuporbowl, except eat cool stuff, it's really just a relaxing Sunday evening for me. I catch up on my reading, do my nails, fill empty bowls of chips, and surf the net. Once in awhile I look at the screen and jump up, yelling, "get him! Get him!". No, not really, but it sounded good, right? I don't care if anyone "gets" anyone, really.

I'm working on the menu today, which includes bacon cheeseburger sliders, lasagna (with Steve's homemade sausage), Texas sheet cake, jalapeno popper spread, chips, favorite candy, and Coke Zero for me! It really is all about the food. No chicken wings here, though. It's an awful lot of work for such a little bite. No beer either...hey, I just realized why no one wants to come over!

Who is coming over remains a bit of a mystery so far, as we've allowed the girls to invite some friends. Natalie has girl and guy friends and lots of them, so she asked to invite a couple of boys too. Hmmm..well, why not? It's not like they will be off by themselves. I have a few jobs they could do around here too...jk..:) I'm not sure if they're coming, but there will be a few extra girls here, and it should be fun. We're not into "real" gambling, but we do a scoreboard thingy where whoever wins the quarter gets candy! It just keeps us all watching, I guess. Except for me, of course, I just eat the candy when no one is looking. Or if they are looking. Either way. I get candy.

So I hope you have as much fun as I will be having, whatever you do. Maybe you have to go to a Stuporbowl party and actually watch the game with "the guys". Maybe you hide in the kitchen with "the girls". Maybe you "get a migraine" and have to stay home while your husband goes to the party....my favorite excuse so far. :) Maybe you fall asleep in the middle of it...or God forbid, turn the channel and watch Hallmark movies.

Hmmm...I'm just not Superbowl material, am I? But I make a mean spread of food, no doubt about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...