Thursday, February 27, 2014

Brother Tim

After we learned of my brother's irreversible heart damage and subsequent "6 months to live" diagnosis, I began my letter-writing campaign to him. It's a campaign for not only the healing of his physical heart, but also for his spiritual heart. I pray for him daily, that his eyes would be opened, his heart would be softened, and he would invite Jesus to be The Lord of his life. To right his wrongs, to be redeemed, to be reconciled, to feel the love that God has always had for him. To know his purpose in his life, to forgive himself and move past the pain of his former life. I want him to be free, and yet he views "religion" as restrictive. So I add to that prayer that God would gently woo him to Himself in a way that a relationship ( not religion) is meant to be. It's a big order, but not too big for our God, who views this all so differently than we ever could. My brother has lived a hard life of addiction and the hurt that comes with it. But I want him to know without a doubt, before he leaves this earth, that God never gave up on him and never stopped loving him. And there is great freedom in letting God take the reins. Take the reins, my brother. 

3 comments:

sirnorm1 said...

Father God creator of heaven and earth, and everyone in it. We ask In Jesus name for the complete restoration and healing of Tim and that he would be saved by the finished work of Christ and the cross. Father God that Tim would say yes to your love that you have for him. Thank you Lord that you created Tim on purpose, for a purpose, and with purpose. Bless him Lord God, bless, bless, and bless him again in Jesus name. Amen and amen!

Angela said...

Praying with you!

sirnorm1 said...

I like the card.
Blessings

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...