Monday, February 10, 2014

Life isn't fair, it's true

Patience, patience. I nearly lost mine at the game tonight after Serena played a mere 3 minutes the entire game. Found out another parent used the old "squeaky wheel gets the grease" tactic, and her daughter has started 4 games in a row. Wow. If she was a better player, maybe... But to strong arm the coach? No, we would never stoop that low and disrespect our daughter's ability to work for her own play time. I can see her frustration, as she's doing the right thing while someone who is cheating is actually getting ahead. I am proud of my daughter's work ethic and her integrity. I wish I could say it inspires me to do better, but right now it makes me want to pop her coach right in the nose!!! She deserves the time that is freely given to another out of fear. Wrong!! Unfair!! And yet her dad and I experience unfairness nearly every day. There is no shortage of disappointments in this world. However, there does appear to be a shortage of goodness, morality, honesty, righteousness, and values. That is one minority I am going to strive to be in, no matter how much it hurts. But oh, God, please get us through jr. High basketball....

1 comment:

sirnorm1 said...

It might be time to pray for the coach to receive an overwhelming amount of courage to do what is right. Prayer for the parent who is influencing the coach would help you Jami stand in faith and the righteousness you are wanting to stand firm with God in. Not easy, but as God asks us to do this in Matt. 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.
In Jesus name,I ask the Lord for favor for Jami's daughter and that her spirit would be at peace during the rest of Jr. High basketball season. Prove.16:7 When a man's ways please the LORD, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
Blessings.

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...