Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sweet 16

I love to plan parties, decorate, and do my own cakes. I was fretting over the fact that 16 had to stand out and be special. Once I started looking through my own supplies and added a few new ones, it all came together nicely! I used my Cricut cutter to make the big cutouts on the front of the table. I added some medallions to the plain paper fans just to customize them, and hung them from the light fixture with shiny ribbons. I threw in a hot pink boa from the dress up box to complete the princess look. 
I repurposed a knick knack stand that I found at my mom's house one day. I spray painted it black, pulled off the straps, added glitter and rhinestones and poof! A cupcake stand fit for a princess! The cupcakes looked like big roses, with a candy pearl center and silver cake sprinkles. It was easy and fun to do and Natalie loved it. Now on to planning the next party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...