Thursday, October 23, 2014

Hope in a Sunrise

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

Lamentations 3:23 NIV
This beautiful sunrise made me take a detour on my usual morning route from school. It beckoned me, and I'm not one to turn down a sunrise! 


I turned the corner to head home and saw this view as well. 

Here's the kicker. Every morning after I drop off the 3 girls (one is a borrowed daughter), I pray for my family. As I was praying, I actually said, excuse me, God, but this will have to be continued because that is one righteous sunrise you made and I must stop and appreciate it! 

So I did just that. I sent a picture if it to Steve and told him it made me think of him too. Now if that doesn't make his day...;) 

I continued on with my prayers and felt so uplifted and energized and peaceful today. Nothing has changed, circumstance-wise, but God continues to plant seeds of peace in me every morning. Today He gave me hope in a sunrise. 

Are you watching for what He is giving you? 

Update on Tim: He is doing pretty well now that they have his pain managed better. They had him up and walking a bit. He still needs prayer for peace. This will be a long recovery and will require a lot of patience. Something he has never attained. I am praying for him to find God through his healing, but I will not push. God has assured me that He is in control and all I have to do is love him. Whew! 

Blessings! 

1 comment:

Angela said...

What beautiful pictures! I also really like the quote from Lamentations also. Thank you for the reminder to look for God in my every moments during the day.

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...