Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bad timing and Big questions

It has been one of those weeks where so much has happened in a short period of time. On the day of my uncle's last viewing, his sister and her husband had to leave the funeral home as their 40 year old daughter's water broke! She had a healthy baby boy, and they missed it by 10 minutes. They also missed Uncle Larry's passing by 10 minutes.
My aunt's neighbor, who was such a big help to them when Uncle Larry died, lost her own father the day of my uncle's funeral. On October 5th, my nephew's girlfriend's brother died suddenly at age 32. My nephew attended a funeral for my uncle and a viewing of his future brother in law on the same day. Tragedy doesn't take turns and it doesn't know timing.
I heard so many comments from so many people, and the majority of them were questions. Why this, why that? When someone dies, there are so many different things that go through your head. Why now? Why this way? Why this day? Why at that age? Why at that circumstance?
It made me realize even more how important, how crucial it is to have a relationship with our Lord and Savior. Sure, Christians have the same questions, the same pain and anguish, but we have a certain peace too. It's the peace that we know God is going to use this loss for His glory. He will turn it into something good, and hopefully we will be watching for it and recognize it for what it is.
Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...