Monday, August 2, 2010

Simple Mountain Life

Believe it or not, there's not much going on in the neighborhood. We've been trying to keep summer kind of simple around here. Less traveling and more day trips or projects around here. The girls have had some friends over and have spent some days away with friends. I have been trying to keep the berries picked, the weeds weeded, the flowers and patio veggies watered, and the family fed! We've been having fun experimenting with different recipes, and I'm doing my usual freezing. Last night I snuggled down into my bed, sniffing my line dried sheets. Hmmmmm.....

It may seem boring to others that these are the things that make me most joyful. However, this is the part of life that the "living" is actually in. Truly living IS taking care of whoever is at home with you or around you. It is caring for your plants, your home, your families, and being at peace with just that. I don't know who said happiness had anything to do with money, who you know, what hobbies you're into, or what your job is. Those things are nice, but they are definitely not IT.

I am one of those people who could be happy on a mountaintop with just the people I love. Forget hair color, TV, definitely politics!!, Heck, forget shoes!! Okay, that's a little crazy, considering my fear of snakes. But, truly, getting back to basics is such a good idea in so many cases. The more technology grows, the more I crave simplicity. Sometimes technology threatens to take the things we treasure most....like good chunks of time talking or writing to someone. Being faster and more efficient isn't always the best thing for people, who are already too short with others to begin with!

Anyway, keep it real and keep it simple. If you catch me stressing over something silly, please remind me of my mountaintop life! Better yet, join me there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...